Lecturer University Warwick, England, 1971-1973. Professor University Osnabrück, 1977-1984. Visiting professor University Queensland, Australia, 1987.
Visiting research fellow University Edinburgh, Scotland, 1989. Professor University Bremen, 1992-1994, University Rostock, Germany, since 1994. Visiting fellow Corpus Christi College, University Oxford, England, 1999.
- Strong Words, Brave Deeds: The Poetry, Life and Times of Thomas O'Brien
- I have written poems in words/Now I shall write one in action' Poet, playwright, publisher, communist, IRA member and founding member of the revolutionary New Theatre Group, Thomas O'Brien (1914-1974) chose the hard road of Left republicanism in the Dublin of the 1930s, at a time when its only rewards were ostracism, victimization and downright physical attacks.
- James Kelman (Writers and Their Work)
- This introduction to the whole range of Kelman's work to the Booker Prize winning novel How Late it Was, How Late, examines the embattled Kelman's literary politics.
- Factory Girl: Ellen Johnston and Working-Class Poetry in Victorian Scotland (Scottish Studies International)
- It is at last being recognized that, contrary to common understanding, there were working-class women poets in the nineteenth century.
1971 - 1973
1977 - 1984
1992 - 1994
- show more ...