Party affiliation: Democrat
Instructor Ohio State University, 1962-1964. Acting assistant professor University Connecticut, Storrs, 1965-1966. Assistant professor Brooklyn College City University of New York, 1966-1967.
Associate professor Rutgers University, 1967-1981, professor, since 1981. Fulbright professor University Salzburg (Austria), 1982-1983, Japan Women's University and Tsuda College, 1997-1998, Lomonosov Moscow State University, 2008. With Jersey Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission, New Jersey.
With Army of the United States, 1956-1958.
- Retreat from Reconstruction, 1869--1879
- Retreat from Reconstruction is a clarifying, comprehensive analysis of the course of Reconstruction during the 1870s, a decade that provided the true test for the political programs of the Republicans.
- Jersey Blue: Civil War Politics in New Jersey, 1854-1865
- This political history of New Jersey during the Civil War and the years immediately before and after invites us to rethink New Jersey's role and in particular its relationship to the border states.
- The Right to Vote (The Johns Hopkins University Studies in Historical and Political Science)
- Book by Gillette, Professor William
Denomination: Unitarian Universalist
1962 - 1964
1965 - 1966
1966 - 1967
- show more ...