Member staff business research and consumer marketing sections Arthur D. Little, Inc., Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1961-1963. From assistant professor business organization to professor Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 1963—1970, professor marketing, 1970—1973. From professor marketing to A. Montgomery Ward professor marketing Northwestern University, 1973—1983, John D. Gray distinguished professor marketing, 1983—2001, John D. Gray distinguished professor emeritus marketing, since 2001.
On leave as executive director Marketing Science Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1983-1985. Thomas Henry Carroll Ford Foundation visiting professor Harvard University Graduate School Business Administration, 1984-1985. Dorinda and Mark Winkelman Distinguished Scholar senior fellow, co-director Jay H. Baker Retailing Initiative, The Wharton School, University Pennsylvania, 2004—2006.
Member board trustees Williston Northhampton School, Easthampton, Massachusetts, since 2006. Board directors Academy Urban School Leadership, Chicago, since 2008. Member staff National Commission on Food Marketing, Washington, 1965-1966.
Visiting associate professor business administration University California, Berkeley, 1969-1970. Guest lecturer York University, University Minnesota, University Kentucky, University of California at Los Angeles, Ohio State University, University North Carolina, Duke University, University Wisconsin, University Pittsburgh, University Chicago, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University Michigan, University Pennsylvania, Cornell University, University Missouri, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration. Faculty associate Hernstein Institute, Vienna, Austria, 1976-1977, Management Centre Europe, 1988-1996.
Faculty associate Gemini Consultant Inc., Montvale, New Jersey, 1977-1996, member midwest advisory board, 1989-1994. Xerox research professor Northwestern University, 1981-1982. Consultant to Federal Trade Commission, 1973, 80.
Visiting scholar University California, Berkeley, 1997-2001. Member faculty advisory board Civil Service Commission Index, 1997-1998. Co-director Jay H. Baker Retailing Initiative Wharton School, University Pennsylvania, 2004.
Board directors, Academy Urban School Leadership, Chicago, since 2007.
- The Chief Marketing Officer Journal - Volume I
- ABOUT THE CMO JOURNAL: Despite the uniqueness of the role played by the Chief Marketing Officer, researchers are only beginning to lend insight into this increasingly important position, leaving practitioners to their own devices.
- Government Policy and Program Impacts on Technology Development, Transfer, and Commercialization: International Perspectives (Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing)
- In recent decades, government-funded technologies have produced radar, microwave ovens, modern cell phone systems, the Internet, new materials for aircraft and motor vehicles, and new medical instrumentation.
- Marketing Channels (Prentice-Hall international series in management)
- For advanced undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses in Distribution Channels, Marketing Channels or Marketing Systems.
- Marketing Channels (6th Edition)
- For one-quarter/semester, senior/graduate-level courses in Distribution Channels, Marketing Channels, or Marketing Systems.
Member executive committee Northwest Area Council on Human Relations, Columbus, 1971—1972. Member American Association of University Professors, American Marketing Association (member program committee educators conference 1971, chairman committee 1978, Paul D. Converse award 1986, Richard D. Irwin Distinguished Marketing Educator of Year 1994), Hellenic Institute Marketing (honorary), Beta Gamma Sigma.
1961 - 1963
1963 - 1970
1983 - 1985
1984 - 1985
2004 - 2006
2004 - 2006
- show more ...