Alvin Armond Arens, American accountant, educator. Certified Public Accountant, Minnesota, 1963. Named Price Waterhouse Auditing Professor, since 1978, Alumnus of Year, 1993, Beta Alpha Psi, University Minnesota, 1993; fellow Arthur Young & Company, 1965, Price Waterhouse & Co, 1966, Ernst & Whinney Dissertation 1967-1968; grantee: Ford Foundation, 1967.
Staff auditor Boulay, Anderson, Waldo & Company,, Minneapolis, 1960-1963, Ernst & Ernst, Minneapolis, 1963-1964. Lecturer University Minnesota, 1962-1966. Instructor Augsburg College, 1966-1967.
Assistant professor Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, 1968-1972, associate professor, 1972-1977, acting department chairman accounting, 1976-1977, professor, since 1977, director academy initiatives for Center for International Business Education, 1990-1991, Price Waterhouse Auditing professor, since 1978, chairman department accounting, since 1994. Teacher auditing to local grain officials in China, June, 1986. Lecturer at Universities in Beijing, Shanghai, Wuhan, Chengdu, China.
Jackarta, Jojakarta, Indonesia. Singapore; Bangkok, Thailand. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1988.
Guest speaker Young Accountants Meeting, Kolding, Denmark, 1989, Copenhagen, Denmark, 1991, University Denmark, Aarhus and Kolding, 1989, Oslo School of Business, 1989. Teacher Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, Bergen, Norway, 1989. Guest speaker Convention of National Changchi University and Federation of Certified Public Accountants in Republic of China, Tapei, Taiwan, June, 1991, at Erasmus University, Rotterdam, the Netherlands, 1992.
Member evaluation team business school United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, 1989, 90, 92. Member visiting team to Business School DeLaSalle University, Manila, 1993. Co-chair Price Waterhouse Auditing Conference, 1988, Auditing Symposium, San Francisco, 1993.
Seminar leader Arthur Anderson's Symposium, St. Charles, Illinois, 1992, 94. Member National Association State Boards of Accountancy, 1988-1989, Auditing Standards Board Attestation Compliance Guidance Task Force, 1991-1994, Going Concern Task Force, 1992-1994, Agreed Upon Procedures Task Force, 1994. Member academy advisory board Deloitte & Touche, 1991-1997.
- MBA in Accounting and Finance classic textbook series Auditing : An Integrated Approach ( English ? 14th edition )(Chinese Edition)
- Auditing and Assurance Services: An Integrated Approach (11th Edition)
- The undisputed #1 market leading book continues to be an innovative look at the most current changes and happenings in the auditing profession! Topics appear as they would during the audit planning and execution stage rather than as isolated pieces of information.
- Auditing and Assurance Services: An Integrated Approach, Ninth Edition
- This innovative, easy-to-understand best-seller offers complete coverage of, and an integrated approach to, the entire audit process—taking readers step-by-step through each audit cycle, then showing how each step relates to the process as a whole.
- Auditing: An Integrated Approach (Study Guide)
- Covering the entire auditing process, this text takes the reader step by step through each audit cycle and shows how each step relates to the process as a whole.
With United States Army, 1955-1957. Member American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (member statistical sampling in auditing committee 1974-1976, sole academy member auditing standards board 1992-1994, founding partner, managing partner AHI Associates, since 1975, joint venture with American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, since 1990, Educator of Year 1993), American Acctg Association (numerous committees and offices including president auditing section 1977-1978, member executive committee and secretary-treasurer 1983-1985, president elect 1989-1990, president 1990-1991, Distinguished International Visiting Lecturer 1987-1988), Michigan Association Certified Public Accountants (member committee on professional education 1971-1974, mandatory continuing education committee 1974-1975, accounting and auditing committee, and industry government education committee 1975-1976, Outstanding Accounting Educator award 1992, 93), Michigan Society Certified Public Accountants, Beta Alpha Psi (accountant of year award 1995).
1960 - 1963
1962 - 1966
1963 - 1964
1966 - 1967
1968 - 1972
- show more ...