Assistant professor marketing School Business St. John's University, Jamaica, New York, 1962—1965. Assistant professor marketing Hofstra University, Hempstead, 1965—1966. Professor marketing Stern School Business New York University, since 1966, chairman department, 1979—1991.
Consultant American Telephone & Telegraph Company, New York Stock Exchange, Nestle Company, Inc., Columbia Broadcasting System.
- Consumer Behavior: A Strategic Approach
- Tailored for upper-level undergraduate and MBA students, Assael's Consumer Behavior applies behavioral concepts to market strategy (domestic and international) with special emphasis on web-related issues and applications.
- Assael Marketing:Principles & Strategy (The Dryden Press series in marketing)
- The Wageningen UR Library Catalogue contains bibliographic data on books and periodicals held by the libraries of Wageningen University and Research Centre and some 15 associated libraries.
- Consumer Behavior a Strategic Approach
- The book introduces decision-making at the beginning, providing students with a framework for understanding the characteristics of and various factors influencing consumer behavior.
- Consumer Behavior and Marketing Action
- This text takes a managerial approach to consumer behavior, and is highly regarded and respected in its approach group.