Melvin Asher Young, American accountant, researcher. Certified Public Accountant, 1963. Major United States Army, Korea, 1952-1956, United States Army Reserve. Member American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants, Chattanooga Chapter TSCPA (president 1973-1974).
- Industrial engineer, 1956-1957. Staff, partner Winer, Levine & Young, 1957-1997, Chattanooga. Private practice, since 1998.
- Where They Lie: The Story of the Jewish Soldiers of the North and South Whose Deaths--Killed, Mortally Wounded, or Died of Disease or Other ... War, 1861-1865 - Someone Should Say Kaddish
- Provides a thorough description of the role Jews played in the American Civil War, and proves that the contributions of these soldiers far exceeded what has been previously believed.
- Last Order of the Lost Cause: The True Story of a Jewish Family in the 'Old South': Raphael Jacob Moses, Major C.S.A., 1812-1893
- This fascinating book takes readers back into history and leads them through the lives of the Moses family, one of the most remarkable families of the Civil War era.