Robert Herrick Hayes, American technology management educator. Recipient McKinsey award 1980, 81, 82, Outstanding Alumnus award Wesleyan University, 1983. Trustee Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, 1985-1988. Fellow: Design Management Institute (life), Production and Operations Management Society (life).
- Professor Harvard University, Boston, 1966-1991, Caldwell professor business administration, 1991-2000, senior associate dean, 1992-1998, emeritus, since 2000.
- Dynamic Manufacturing: Creating the Learning Organization
- It is management, and particularly managers' willingness to learn and change -- not unfair competition or unsupportive economic policies -- that is at the heart of America's manufacturing crisis, contend Robert Hayes, Steven Wheelwright, and Kim Clark.
- Soul of the Enterprise
- Hall proposes that the challenge of keeping pace with the competition will be to create what he calls a different "soul of the enterprise," which is more about improved quality of life than about achieving more growth for the sake of growth alone.
- STRATEGIC OPERATIONS: Competing Through Capabilities
- Designed for the second year elective opted by a third of the student body at the Harvard Business School, Hayes, Pisano and Upton break new ground in this text/casebook by emphasizing the manufacturing process itself as a competitive weapon.
- Operations and Process Management with eText: Principles and Practice for Strategic Impact
- Written by best-selling authors in their field, Operations and Process Management 3e inspires a critical and applied mastery of the core principles and processes fundamental to managing business operations.
1966 - 1991