Matthew Hays Wikander, American English language educator. Marshall Aid Commemoration Commission scholar, 1970-1972; grantee American Council Learned Societies, 1989, National Endowment of the Humanities, 1990, Newberry Library., 1996. Member Modern Language Association, Shakespeare Association American.
Lecturer in drama Residential College University Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1975-1978. Assistant professor English Columbia University, New York City, 1978-1987. Associate professor English University Toledo, 1987-1990, professor English, since 1990, director Master Liberal Studies program, 1992-1997.
President University of Texas-American Association of University Professors, 1999—2001.
- Fangs Of Malice: Hypocrisy Sincerity And Acting (Studies Theatre Hist & Culture)
- The idea that actors were hypocrites and fakes and therefore dangerous to society was widespread in the 17th and 18th centuries.
- The Play of Truth and State: Historical Drama from Shakespeare to Brecht
- Book by Wikander, Professor Matthew
- Fangs Of Malice: Hypocrisy Sincerity And Acting (Studies Theatre Hist & Culture) by Wikander, Matthew H (2002) Hardcover
1975 - 1978
1978 - 1987
- show more ...