Party affiliation: Democrat
Assistant professor Texas Agricultural and Mechanical University, College Station, 1982-1988, associate professor, 1988-1989. Fulbright professor Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece, 1990. Associate professor Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, New York, 1989-1993.
Associate professor rhetoric University North Carolina, Greensboro, since 1993.
- Deliberate Criticism: Toward a Postmodern Humanism
- Contemporary debates on literary criticism often assumes that "humanism" and "postmodernism" are irreconcilable and that their respective practitioners are necessarily political, pedagogical and philosophical enemies.
- Delightful Conviction: Jonathan Edwards and the Rhetoric of Conversion (Great American Orators)
- In analyzing Jonathan Edwards preaching in eighteenth-century colonial America, the authors demonstrate how his rhetoric distinguished between conversion and persuasion.
- Irving Babbitt (Twayne's United States Authors Series)
- Book by Yarbrough, Stephen R.
1982 - 1988
1989 - 1993