David A. Kronick, American librarian. Fellow American Association for the Advancement of Science, 1964, Council on Library Resources, 1972. Vice president South Texas Health Education Center, San Antonio, 1970-1980; president San Antonio Chamber Music Society, 1976-1979. Served to captain United States Army, 1944-1946; Fellow Medical Library Association; member History Science Society, American Association for History of Medicine.
Librarian Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, 1946-1949. Librarian University Michigan Medical Library., Ann Arbor, 1955-1959. Director Cleveland Medical Library, Cleveland, 1959-1964.
Chief reference director National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, Maryland, 1964-1965. Director University Texas Health Science Center library, San Antonio, 1965-1984. Business manager Medical Library Association, Chicago, 1958-1959, member board, 1967-1968.
President Texas Council Health Science Libraries, 1968-1969. Member review committee National Library Medicine, 1969-1973.
- Literature of the Life Sciences
- "With polished prose and crisp wit, he has brought life to the history, development, and current status of the scientific literature.
- Our Better Angels: Stories of Disability in Life, Science, and Literature
- Do children and adults with disabilities enrich our lives? Far more than most people imagine.
- Portrait gallery of eminent men and women of Europe and America : embracing history, statesmanship, naval and military life, philosophy, the drama, science, literature, and art
- Lang:- eng, Vol:- 1, Pages 838.
Born October 5, 1917
1946 - 1949
1955 - 1959
1959 - 1964
1964 - 1965
1965 - 1984