Researcher Forbes magazine, New York City, 1977-1979, reporter, 1979-1981, staff writer, 1981-1982, associate editor, 1982-1984, contributing editor, 1984-1989. Freelance writer, since 1984. President Barrett & Greene, since 1996.
Senior consultant Pew Center on the States, since 2005. Correspondent & columnist Governing magazine. Founding editor B and G Report.
Speaker in field.
- Frankly My Dear
- Hundreds of quotations from such masterful quip artists as Dorothy Parker, Winston Churchill, and Groucho Marx feature some of the most clever zingers--fictional and real--of all time.
- Powering Up Performance Management: An Integrated Approach to Getting the Best from Your People
- Dealing with all aspects of performance management, this text provides practical ideas on how to "power up" your team or organization's performance.
- Powering Up: Learning to Teach Well with Technology
- Despite many powerful visions of how technology can improve teaching and learning, the use of computers in schools continues to be limited.
- Powering Up: How Public Managers Can Take Control of Information Technology (Governing Management Series)
- Billions of dollars are spent each year on technology in cities and states, from desktop computers to mainframes.
Born August 12, 1955
1977 - 1979
1979 - 1981
1984 - 1989