Ralph Neil Baergen, Canadian humanities educator. Certified Institutional Review Board Professional. Member ethics committee Portneuf Medical Center, Pocatello, since 1995; chair institutional review board Idaho State University, since 2004; Member of American Association for Bioethics and Humanities, American Philosophical Association.
- Assistant professor University Lethbridge, 1990—1991, Western Washington University, Bellingham, 1991—1993. Professor department philosophy Idaho State University, Pocatello, since 1993. Owner Baergen Consultant, Pocatello, since 2002.
- Ethics at the End of Life
- This anthology deftly introduces students to the massive medical ethics literature on end-of-life issues, such as refusal of treatment, surrogate decision making, resuscitation policies, assisted suicide, and euthanasia.
- Contemporary Epistemology
- Appropriate for courses in epistemology, theory of knowledge, and theories of knowledge and reality, CONTEMPORARY EPISTEMOLOGY covers an unusually wide spectrum of topics.
- Historical Dictionary of Epistemology (Historical Dictionaries of Religions, Philosophies, and Movements Series)
- Epistemology is the branch of philosophy that investigates our beliefs, evidence, and claims of knowledge.
1990 - 1991
1991 - 1993