Literary translator Queens College, New York City, 1982-1985, instructor, lecturer, 1983-1985. Instructor Holy Cross College, Flushing, New York, 1985-1988. Assistant professor Bernard Baruch College, New York City, 1987—2002.
Foreign language advisory Hunter College City University of New York, since 2002, assistant professor, since 2002, program director teacher education program in foreign language. Deputy chair, curriculum and teaching coordinator Foreign Language Education and Teaching Opportunity Program. Treasurer Marketing Committee Holy Cross College, Flushing, 1985-1988.
Instructor Queens College, New York City, since 1991. Member council on foreign languages education City University of New York, coordinator, program director Foreign Language Education Program and Teaching Opportunity Program for Spanish, since 2003.
- El Español de los Estados Unidos (Spanish Edition)
- How long has Spanish been spoken in the US and how many people speak it today? Is Spanish being passed down through generations? What role does Spanish play in US Latino identity? Analysing and synthesising data from a wide variety of sources, Escobar and Potowski explore these questions and more in this up-to-date textbook for students of Spanish language, linguistics, bilingualism, sociolinguistics, culture, and history.
- El gobierno espanol del despotismo ilustrado ante la independencia de los Estados Unidos de America: Una nueva estructura de la politica ... de Norteamerica) (Spanish Edition)
- El Gobierno Espanol del Despotismo Ilustrado Ante la Independencia de los Estados Unidos de America: Una Nueva Estructura de la Politica Internacional (1773-1783)
- Author: La mia voce, 1979, La sombra, 1980, Motivaciones existenciales en el Segundo Cernuda, 1937-1962, 1999, El Espanol de los Estados Unidos, 2004, Distance Education and the Foreign Language Classroom: Issues and Challenges in Preparing Novice Foreign Language Teachers to Use the Internet, 2004, Distance Education and the Foreign Language Learning Arena in Information and Document Design, 2006. Contributor articles to professional journals.
Developer Literacy Competencies in Spanish Adolscent Heritage Classroom in Geolinguistics, 2009. Member Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (portfolio assessment committee, policy committee), Northeast Modern Language Association, American Society Geolinguists, Spanish Honor Society (secretary 1982-1986), Hispanics and Peruvians Association (spokesperson since 1991), American Museum Natural History (associate), Hispania, Western Studies Civilization, American Council Teachers Foreign Languages, Northeast Council Teachers of Foreign Languages, American Association Teachers Spanish and Portuguese.
1982 - 1985
1985 - 1988
1987 - 2002
- show more ...