- Lecturer German studies Monash University, Melbourne, 1990—1996, senior lecturer German studies and comparative literature, 1996.
- Topographies of the Sacred: The Poetics of Place in European Romanticism (Under the Sign of Nature)
- Although the British romantic poets―notably, Blake, Wordsworth, and Byron―have been the subjects of previous ecocritical examinations, Kate Rigby’s Topographies of the Sacred is the first book to compare English and German literary models of romanticism.
- Transgressions of the feminine: Tragedy, enlightenment and the figure of woman in classical German drama (Germanistische Abteilung)
- [(Topographies of the Sacred: The Poetics of Place in European Romanticism)] [Author: Kate Rigby] published on (December, 2004)
1990 - 1996