James P. Phelan, American English educator. Grantee National Endowment of the Humanities, 1991. Member Modern Language Association (delegate 1984-1986), American Association of University Professors (executive committee 1984-1986, 90-91), Midwest Modern Language Association, Society Study Narrative Literature (executive council 1986-1989, president 1989-1990).
- Instructor Art Institute Chicago, 1975-1977. Assistant professor department English Ohio State University, Columbus, 1977-1983, associate professor, 1983-1989, professor English, since 1989.
- Reading Biblical Narrative: A Practical Guide (Tools for Biblical Study)
- This is an enormously instructive and practical hands-on introduction for students of the Bible as literature, by one of the worldâ€TMs leading exponents of Hebrew narrative technique.
- How to Say It: Business to Business Selling: Power Words and Strategies from the World's Top Sales Experts
- There are approximately 35 million business to business sales reps in the country selling everything from books and computers to furniture and flooring.
- Reading Biblical Narrative: An Introductory Guide
- Narrator, characters, action, hero, quest, plot, time and space, entrances and exits--these are the essential components of all narrative literature.
- From Words To Worlds
- From feeling like a maggot which spreads diseases, to the feeling of euphoria as it is raining.
1975 - 1977
1977 - 1983