- From assistant professor to associate professor Columbia University, New York City, 1991—2001. Associate professor Fordham University, Bronx, since 2001, chairman English department, since 2004.
- The Poetics of Transition: Emerson, Pragmatism, and American Literary Modernism (New Americanists)
- The Poetics of Transition examines the connection between American pragmatism and literary modernism by focusing on the concept of transition as a theme common to both movements.
- Henry David Throeau's Walden and Civil Disobedience (Monarch Notes ad Study Guides)
- Retells the work simply, includes probing critical comments, analysis and criticism.
1991 - 2001