Party affiliation: Democrat
Howard Edmund Wooden, museum director, art researcher. Fulbright teaching fellow Athens (Greece) College, 1951-1952; research grantee National Institutes of Health, 1955-1965; recipient Gari Melchers Memorial medal Artist's Fellowship, Incorporated, New York York City, 1987. Member International Council Museums, American Association Museum, Association Art Museum Directors, College Art Assn American.
Instructor, director education St. Paul's School, Baltimore, 1942-1950. Instructor art University Evansville (Indiana), 1953-1963. Associate professor University Florida, Gainesville, 1963-1966.
Museum director Sheldon Swope Art Museum, Terre Haute, Indiana, 1966-1975, Wichita (Kansas) Art Museum, 1975-1989, director emeritus, 1989-1995. Consultant exhibition juror, numerous locations, 1956-1986. Art tour guide England, France, Italy, Greece, Germany, United States of America, 1965-1995.
Associate professor Indiana State University, Terre Haute, 1968-1975. Lecturer Wichita State University, 1980-1981.
- Billy Morrow Jackson: Interpretations of Time and Light (Visions of Illinois)
- From dust jacket notes: "Billy Morrow Jackson, a contemporary American 'realist' and one of the leading landscape artists of the Midwest, is widely recognized as a painter of light.
- American Art of the Great Depression: Two Sides of the Coin
- Book by Wooden, Howard E.
- Theodore Roszak, the early works, 1929-1943: An exhibition of sculptures, paintings and drawings, Wichita Art Museum, Wichita, Kansas, October 5 through November 30, 1986
- 1986 Wichita Art Museum.
Denomination: Anglican Church
1942 - 1950
1942 - 1950
1953 - 1963
1963 - 1966
1966 - 1975
1975 - 1989
- show more ...