- Visiting professor English National University Rwanda, 1984-1986. Assistant professor English California State University, Northridge, 1991-1995, associate professor, 1995-1999, coordinator humanities interdisciplinary program, 1995—2002, professor, since 1999, associate chair English, 1995—2002, chair English Department, since 2002. Member advisory board Victorian Poetry, since 1995.
- Theory, (Post)Modernity, Opposition: An Other Introduction To Literary and Cultural Theory (PostModernPositions series)
- A provocative interrogation of contemporary theory which demonstrates how arguments "against theory" of humanist critics (Ellis, Steiner, Abrams), of "anti-theory" theorists (Fish, Rorty, Knapp, Michaels), and of the poststructuralist "resistance to theory" (de Man, Derrida, Foucault, Lyotard) serve to de-politicize literary debate.
- Fixing Patriarchy: Feminism and Mid-Victorian Male Novelists
- The 1840s, 50s, and 60s: three decades during which the British feminist movement saw some of its most intense activity of the nineteenth-century, and readers find some of the most monstrous, troubling representations of women by male writers in all of literary history.
- Men Desiring Men: The Poetry of Same-Sex Identity and Desire in German Classicism (Kritik: German Literary Theory and Cultural Studies Series)
- At what point in history did a "homosexual identity" begin to emerge? Many cultural historians have agreed with Foucault that the late 19th century witnessed its birth.
- Literary and Cultural Theory: From Basic Principles to Advanced Applications
- This clear, succinct primer for literary theory provides students with a useful guide to contemporary theory and methodologies.
Co-founder, board directors Institute for Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay and Transgender Studies, California State University, Northridge, since 1995. Member Modern Language Association (national delegate since 1997, member prose fiction executive committee since 1997), Pacific Coast Modern Language Association, Victorian Interdisciplinary Studies Association of Western United States, Phi Beta Kappa.
1984 - 1986
1991 - 1995
- show more ...