Party affiliation: Republican
Philip Kevin Wilson, American science and medical historian. Logan Clendening fellow University Kansas Medical Center, 1984; Owsei Temkin fellow Johns Hopkins University, 1985-1987; Folger Shakespeare Library. fellow, Washington, 1987; Wellcome Trust fellow, London, 1989-1992; Mellon fellow American Philosophical Society, 2001; Templeton Foundation fellow, 2003-2005, Princeton Library. fellow, 2007; Reynolds fellow University Alabama, 2010.
Historian of science Truman State University, Kirksville, Missouri, 1994-1999. Faculty & admissions director Shimer College, Waukegan, Illinois, 1999-2000. Consultant medical editor Encyclopedia Britannica, Chicago, since 2000.
Professor humanities Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, since 2000. Professor sciecne, technical & society Penn State University Park, since 2008. Directors The Doctors Kienle Center for Humanistic Medicine, College Medicine, Penn State Hershey.
Dictionary salesman Southwestern Company, Bakersfield, California, 1980. Laboratory researcher University Kansas Pharmacology Department, Lawrence, 1980-1983. Medical history researcher University Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, 1984-1985.
Oral history (Polio) researcher Woods Hole (Massachusetts) Research Labs, 1986. Lecturer University Hawaii, 1992-1993. Research affiliate Yale University, 1993-1994, Visiting Professor (Summer), History Science, University Hawai‘i at Manoa,Honolulu, Hawaii, Summers 2002, 2005, 2007.
Scholar-in-Residence at the Erasmus Darwin House (Lichfield, England) and HonoraryRsch. Fellow, Center for the History Medicine, The Medical School the University Birmingham (Birmingham, England) 2006-2007. Visiting Professor, History Science, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, 2009.
- Ritual and Conflict: The Social Relations of Childbirth in Early Modern England (History of Medicine in Context) (The History of Medicine in Context)
- This book places childbirth in early-modern England within a wider network of social institutions and relationships.
- A Short History of Clinical Midwifery: The Development of Ideas in the Professional Management of Childbirth
- An illustrated review of the general historical progress of clinical midwifery and obstetrics.
- Ritual and Conflict: The Social Relations of Childbirth in Early Modern England (History of Medicine in Context) 1st edition by Adrian Wilson (2014) Hardcover
Student president Quivira Council Explorer Scouts, 1978, 79. Member American Association for History of Medicine, History of Earth Science Society, History of Science Society, British Society for History of Science, Pacific Circle (History Science), Arthur Conan Doyle Society, Society Psychical Research, American History Association, American Society for Eighteenth Century Studies, Sigma Xi, Alpha Chi Sigma (Master Alchemist 1982-1983), Phi Kappa Phi (president chapter 1997-1998, Morter board), World History Association, British Society Eighteenth-Century Studies.
1994 - 1999
- show more ...