Secondary English teacher Buffalo Public Schools, 1973-1976, Canisius High School, Buffalo, 1976-1977. Writing instructor Educational Opportunity Center State University of New York, 1977—1994, associate professor, 1994—2003, professor, since 2003. Writing instructor Upward Bound State University of New York, Buffalo, summers since 1980, acting director, summer 1984.
Presenter in field, United States, Canada, Europe, since 1975. Reader various professional fiction readings, since 1985. Board directors Just Buffalo Literacy Center.
- Matter of Intent
- WINNER of THE 2005 EDGAR AWARD for DRAMA from MYSTERY WRITERS of AMERICA, WINNER of THE 2005 EMANUEL FRIED AWARD for OUTSTANDING NEW PLAY, and a 2009 SELECTION for the NAAA PLAY READING FESTIVAL in London.
- Blackbird Rising: A Novel of the American Spirit
- At the dawn of the 20th Century, the first city lit by electricity-Buffalo, New York-hosts a dazzling World's Fair to showcase America's march into the future.
- Nickel City Nights
- Nickel City Nights is a collection of erotic writing--poetry and prose--from some of the finest writers in Buffalo and Western New York.
- Murder Squared
- Murder Squared-the play the Buffalo News called "a most entertaining evening of theater.
Board directors Ujima Theatre Company, 2005—2007. Member Niagara Erie Writers (chairman board directors 1987-1989), Just Buffalo, Inc. (fiction resident 1987, 92, board directors 2003-2009), Mid-Atlantic Popular/American Culture Association (board member, president 2006-2007, film chair, comics chair), United University Professions, Association Teaching Artists (board directors 2003-2006).
1973 - 1976
1976 - 1977