Bothmer, Dietrich Felix von was born on October 26, 1918 in Eisenach, Thuringia. Arrived in United States, 1939, naturalized, 1944. Son of Wilhelm Friedrich Franz Carl and Marie Julie Auguste Karoline (Freiin von und zu Egloffstein) von Bothmer.
- Assistant curator Greek and Roman art Metropolitan Museum Art, 1946-1951, associate curator, 1951-1959, curator, 1959-1973, chairman, 1973-1990, Distinguished research curator, 1990—2009. Adjunct professor New York University, since 1966.
- An Inquiry Into the Forgery of the Etruscan Terracotta Warriors in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. (Papers of the Metropolitan Museum of Art No. 11)
- 2000 copies of this monograph were printed by Plantin Press.
- An Inquiry Into the Forgery of the Etruscan Terracotta Warriors in the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art, Papers, No.
- Glories of the Past: Ancient Art from the Shelby White and Leon Levy Collection
- Book by Bothmer, Dietrich von (ed)
- Amazons in Greek Art
- xxvii + 252 pp.
1959 - 1973
1990 - 2009
- show more ...