Assistant, Flowers collection Duke University Library, 1938-1940. Staff Emory University Library, 1940-1954, assistant librarian, 1948-1954. Director Southeastern Interlibrary Research Facility, 1954-1956.
Director publications Virginia State Library, 1956-1957. Executive secretary Association College and Research Libraries, 1957-1961. Associate executive director American Library Association, 1958-1961.
Librarian Bowdoin College, Brunswick, Maine, 1961-1968, Smith College, Northampton, Massachusetts, 1968-1970. Director libraries Georgia Southern College, Statesboro, 1970-1975. Curator of rare books and manuscripts University Georgia Library, 1975-1980.
Bibliographical consultant University Virginia Library, 1953, Boston Athenaeum, 1953. Advisory board Civil War Centennial Commission. Consultant University Jordan library, 1966.
- The Mint Julep
- "It is my pleasure, a pleasurable duty, to recommend that you follow the author's graceful lead and, perhaps with the benefit of one of the diverse receipts to be found in this book, hold in your hands a frosted goblet to sip from as you live and learn, the joys of the mint julep.
- Destruction and Reconstruction: Personal Experiences of the Late War (Southern Classics Series)
- This highly literate account by the son of President Zachary Taylor follows the author's Confederate commands in all three major theatres of the war, and provides a unique view of the Reconstruction period.
- Great Issues in American History, Vol. II: From the Revolution to the Civil War, 1765-1865
- A collection of documentary selections offering insight into the major political and social issues of American history Title: Great Issues in American History,1765-1865.
- Destruction and Reconstruction. Personal experiences of the late war in the United States. - War College Series
- This is a curated and comprehensive collection of the most important works covering matters related to national security, diplomacy, defense, war, strategy, and tactics.
Board directors Kittredge Foundation Served to lieutenant United States Naval Reserve, 1943-1946. Member Georgia History Society (curator 1954-1956), Atlanta History Society (director 1955-1956), Southern History Society, American Library Association, Southeastern Library Association (executive secretary 1952-1954), Georgia Library Association, American Antiquarian Society, Hereward the Wake Society, Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Alpha Epsilon. Clubs: Grolier (New York City).
Born June 6, 1915
1938 - 1940
1954 - 1956
1956 - 1957
1957 - 1961
1958 - 1961
1961 - 1968
1968 - 1970
1970 - 1975
1975 - 1980
- show more ...