Researcher Asian art Metropolitan Museum Art, New York City, 1977-1979. Museum specialist Freer Gallery Art, Washington, 1979-1983. Curator Asian art Harvard University Art Museums, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1983-1986.
Visiting professor Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, 1988-1989. Professor art history University Wisconsin, Madison, since 1989. Consultant exhibition North Carolina Museum Art, Raleigh, 1988-1991.
Curatorial consultant East Asian legal studies Harvard Law School, Cambridge, 1988-1989. Founder, organizer New England East Asian Art History Forum, Cambridge, 1987-1989. Associate Fairbank Center for East Asian Research, Harvard University.
- Ma Hezhi and the Illustration of the Book of Odes
- This book is the first comprehensive study of an important monument of twelfth-century Chinese art, the imperially sponsored set of handscrolls transcribing and illustrating the poems in the ancient anthology known as the Book of Odes (Shijing), long canonized as a "Confucian classic.
- Last of the Mandarins: Chinese Calligraphy and Painting from the F.Y. Chang Collection
- A concise and compelling narrative, well illustrated.
- A Decade of Discovery (Selected Acquisitions 1970-1980)
- Book by Julia K.
Born December 14, 1951
1977 - 1979
1979 - 1983
1983 - 1986
1988 - 1989
- show more ...