- Supervisor education Brooklyn Museum, 1934-1936, curator paintings and sculpture, 1936-1952. Curator Whitney Museum American Art, New York City, 1952-1958, associate director, 1958-1966, director, 1966-1974, retired, 1974. Consultant Terra Museum American Art, Evanston, Illinois, 1979-1987.
- The Inlander Life and Work of Charles Burchfield, 1893-1967
- Examines Burchfield's art as the culmination of a vein of pantheism that stretches from Emerson, Thoreau, and the Hudson River school to Burchfield's last great watercolors of the 1960s.
- The Inlander - Life and Work of Charles Burchfield 1893-1967
- A book about the artist, Charles Burchfield, includes many black and white reproductions: The Inlander - Life and Work of Charles Burchfield 1893-1967
- Philip Evergood
- [publisher: Abrams, New York] First Edition Cloth over brds.
Born August 9, 1909
1934 - 1936
1936 - 1952
1952 - 1958
1979 - 1987
- show more ...