Associate editor C.F. Peters Company (music publications), Leipzig, 1927-1928. Editor Axel Juncker Public, Berlin, 1928-1930. Curator rare books Prussian State Art Library, 1930-1933.
Founder picture library on history civilization, New York City, 1941. Proprietor, president The Bettman Archive Inc., 1937-1981. Founder, owner Picture House Press, Inc., pictorial research publications, advertising agencies, television producers.
Picture editor, consultant graphic history, organizer picture filing systems. Adjunct professor history Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, 1973-1980.
- Bettmann Portable Archive; a Graphic History of Almost Everything
- Hardcover in Slipcase; 10 3/4 inches tall; attractive cloth binding with pasted-on front cover illustration, brown spine lettering; in Slipcase with window on front through which front cover illustration can be seen; 229 pages including index; profusely illustrated; very cleverly presented illustrations; gold end pages; Subtitle: .
- A pictorial history of medicine. With a foreword by Philip S. Hench....
- Full title "A Pictorial History of Medicine: A Brief, Nontechnical Survey of the Healing Arts from Aesculapius to Ehrlich, Retelling With the Aid of Select Illustrations the lives and deeds of great physicians.
- AS WE WERE. Family Life in America 1850-1900. In pictures and text
- Introduction: Love of the land comes very near being a primary instinct of mankind, for there is, after all, no place like home.
- The Good Old Days: They Were Terrible!
- This book explains why the "good old days" were only good for a priviledged few and why they were unrelentingly hard for most.
Born October 15, 1903
1927 - 1928
1928 - 1930
1930 - 1933
1937 - 1981
1937 - 1981
1973 - 1980
- show more ...