Associate dean New York Studio School, New York City, 1987-1988. Assistant professor Tyler School Art, Philadelphia, 1989. Avery professor Bard College, Annandale On Hudson, New York, 1990-1991.
Senior curator painting and sculpture Museum Modern Art, New York City, 1991—2002. Rosalie Solow professor of modern art New York University Institute of Fine Arts, 2002—2006. Dean School Art Yale University, New Haven, since 2006.
Visiting artist Cooper Union, New York City, 1988-1989. Visiting artist, critic Rhode Island School Design, Providence, 1988. Lecturer art museum, university and art schools in the United States and abroad.
Coordinating curator at Moma, 1995.
- Out of Time: Philip Guston and the Refiguration of Postwar American Art (The Phillips Book Prize Series)
- Focusing on the thirty-three paintings that Philip Guston exhibited at the Marlborough Gallery in 1970, this in-depth account reconsiders the history of postwar American art and the conception of figuration in modern art history.
- Seurat: Paintings and Drawings [exhibition: Art Institute of Chicago, Jan. 16 - Mar. 7, 1958; MOMA, Mar. 24 - May 11, 1958]
- Catalogo di mostra, a cura di Daniel Catton Rich, Chicago, The Art Institute of Chicago, 16 gennaio - 7 marzo 1958; New York, The Museum of Modern Art, 24 marzo - 11 maggio 1958.
- Philip Guston (Modern Masters Series)
- The story of Philip Guston's life is, in many ways, a chronicle of the ideas and events that transformed American painting in this century.
- Chuck Close
- extremely rare
1987 - 1988
1990 - 1991
1991 - 2002
2002 - 2006
- show more ...