- Lecturer Exeter University, 1956-1967. Professor Economic and Social Research Institute, Dublin, 1967-1972, University Ulster, Coleraine, Northern Ireland, 1972-1995. Director Ulster Institute for Social Research, since 1995.
- Dysgenics: Genetic Deterioration in Modern Populations (Human Evolution, Behavior, and Intelligence)
- In the mid-19th century a number of biological and social scientists came to believe that the genetic quality of the populations of the Western world was deteriorating due to the relaxation of natural selection, the process by which nature eliminates the unfit in each generation by reducing their fertility and by early death.
- Educational Achievement in Japan (Studies in social revaluation)
- Educational standards in Japan are the highest in the world.
- Personality and National Character (International series of monographs in experimental psychology, v. 12)
1956 - 1967
1967 - 1972
1972 - 1995