Ray Addison Williamson, American federal agency administrator. Fellow Smithsonian Institution, 1977-1978. Member American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Society for American Archaeology, American Folklore Society, Western Writers American.
Assistant professor University Hawaii, Honolulu, 1967-1969. Tutor St. John's College, Annapolis, Maryland, 1969-1974, assistant dean, 1974-1979. Senior analyst Office Technology Assessment United States Congress, Washington, 1979-1988, senior associate, since 1988.
President Scientific Manpower Commission, Washington, 1983.
- Living the Sky: The Cosmos of the American Indian
- Imagine the North American Indians as astronomers carefully watching the heavens, charting the sun through the seasons, or counting the sunrises between successive lumar phases.
- They Dance in the Sky: Native American Star Myths
- For countless generations, Native American storytellers have watched the night sky and told tales of the stars and the constellations.
- They Dance in the Sky: Native American Star Myths by Williamson, Ray A, Monroe, Jean Guard (2007) Paperback
Born September 6, 1938
1967 - 1969
1969 - 1974
1979 - 1988