Library., researcher Center Defense Information, Washington, 1981-1982. Researcher Institute Policy Studies, 1982-1985. Research fellow Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, 1985-1989.
Senior research associate Natural Resources Defense Council, Washington, 1989-1991. Legislation assistant United States Senator Carl Levin, 1991—1996. Professional staff member, subcommittee on strategic forces United States Senate Armed Services Committee, since 1996, professional staff member, subcommittee on emerging threats and capabilities, since 2007.
- Superpowers at Sea: An Assessment of the Naval Arms Race (SIPRI Strategic Issue Papers)
- Dispelling many of the myths surrounding the East-West naval arms race, this book documents the largely unobserved nuclearization of naval forces and analyzes the implications for future security and arms control.
- Field Artillery Battalion on the Nuclear Battlefield
- This research examines the organization of the field artillery battalion, 8", self-propelled, and its effectiveness in a tactical nuclear environment--European theater.
- The Nuclear Battlefields: Global Links in the Arms Race
- Book by Arkin, William M.
1982 - 1985
1985 - 1989
1989 - 1991
1991 - 1996
- show more ...