Member of Author's Guild, Society Magazine Writers, National Press Club, American Federation of television and Radio Artists, National Organization of Women, Phi Beta Kappa.
Co-director, director educational foundation Indiana Research Service, Cambridge, Massachusetts and New York City, 1959-1960. Contributing editor Glamour Magazine, New York City, 1962-1969. Co-founder, contributing editor New York Magazine, 1968-1972.
Feminist lecturer, since 1969. Co-founder, editor Mississippi Magazine, 1971-1987, columnist, 1980-1987, consultant editor, since 1987. Active various civil rights and peace campaigns including United Farmworkers, Vietnam War Tax Protest, Committee for the Legal Defense of Angela Davis (treasurer, 1971-1972).
Active political campaigns of Adlai Stevenson, Robert Kennedy, Eugene McCarthy, Shirley Chisholm, George McGovern. Co-founder, board directors Women's Action Alliance, 1970-2001, (now Feminist Majority Foundation). Co-founder, convenor, member national advisory committee National Women's Political Caucus, 1971.
Co-founder, president board directors Mississippi Foundation for Women, 1972-1990. Founding member Coalition of Labor Union Women, 1974, President Voters for Choice, 1979. Member International Women's Year Commission, 1977, president Choice United States of America, co-founder, chairman Liberty Media for Women, 1998 (current owner and operator Mississippi mag).
Editorial consultant, Conde Nast Publications, 1962-1969, Curtis Publishing, 1964-1965, Random House Publishing, since 1988, McCall Publishing.
- Revolution from Within: A Book of Self-Esteem
- The well-know women's rights activist and feminist connects the external revolution to an internal revolution of spirit and consciousness, offering readers parables from the lives of figures as diverse as Mahatma Gandhi and Julie Andrews.
- Marilyn: Norma Jeane
- In this sensitive, provocative portrait of Marilyn Monroe, Gloria Steinem reveals the woman behind the myth--the child Norma Jean--and the forces in America that shaped her into the fantasy and icon that has never died.
- Outrageous Acts and Everyday Rebellions: Second Edition (Owlet Book)
- Outrageous Acts and Everyday Rebellions--a phenomenal success that sold nearly half a million copies since its original publication in 1983--is Gloria Steinem's most diverse and timeless collection of essays.
- Moving Beyond Words: Age, Rage, Sex, Power, Money, Muscles: Breaking the Boundries of Gender
- From one of the most influential women in the country and bestselling author of Revolution from Within comes a collection of provocative, entertaining, mind-changing essays.
1962 - 1969
1968 - 1972
1971 - 1987
1980 - 1987
- show more ...