Party affiliation: Democrat
Herb Caen, American newspaper columnist, writer. Decorated Medaille de la Liberation France, 1949; recipient Pulitzer Prize, 1996, Lifetime Achievement award National Society Newspaper Columnists, Distinguished Achievement in Journalism award Southern California School Journalism, American Book award; walkway along the the Embarcadero in San Francisco named Herb Caen Way.
- Daily newspaper columnist San Francisco Chronicle, 1936-1950, 1958-1997. Columnist San Francisco Examiner, 1950-1958.
- San Francisco, city on golden hills
- A collection of essays about San Francisco - as written by famed SF Chronicle columnist, Herb Caen.
- The Cable Car and the Dragon
- This is the rollicking tale of the adventures of Charlie, the youngest cable car.
- Only in San Francisco
- Signed (autographed in a nice way by author to Emie.
- BAGHDAD BY THE BAY A COLORFUL, ENTERTAINING PROFILE OF LIFE, PEOPLE AND PLACES I
- 1949 Tan Cloth Hardcover Published by Doubleday.
Born April 3, 1916
1936 - 1950
1950 - 1958
1958 - 1997