Alan Dean Foster, American writer, educator. Corresponding and manuscripts in special collection at Hayden Library., Arizona State University, Tempe.; winner Southwest Book award for fiction, 1990. Past member Planning and Zoning Commission, Prescott, Arizona; Member Science Fiction Writers American, Author's Guild American, Writer's Guild American.
- Copywriter for advertising and public relations firm, Studio City, California, 1969-1971. Teacher screen writing, literature, film history University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles City College. Lecturer in field; adjunct faculty Northern Arizona University.
- Glory Lane
- A bored punk rocker, a dumb beauty interested only in shopping and a no-hoper craving acceptance are the unlikely trio who hold the fate of the universe in their hands in this fast-moving Science Fiction tale from the author of "Icerigger", "Cachalot" and "Into the Out Of".
- The Icerigger Trilogy: Icerigger, Mission to Moulokin, and The Deluge Drivers
- Stranded on a frozen and remote planet, Ethan Frome Fortune searches for a way back to civilization Icy, desolate, and sharply carved by hurricane-force winds, Tran-ky-ky is a terrible place to crash-land.
- Foster Combo [8 Titles] Spellsinger (1983), The Hour of the Gate (1984), The Paths of the Perambulator (1985), Flinx in Flux (1988), Greenthieves (1994), The Moment of the Magician (1985), A Call to Arms (1992), & The Man Who Used the Universe (1983)
- About the Author: He is best known for his science fiction novels set in the Humanx Commonwealth, an interstellar ethical/political union of species including humankind and the insectoid Thranx.
- The Hour of the Gate (The Spellsinger Adventures)
- Marooned in another universe, a young American musician leads a motley army in battle against an enemy that threatens to destroy their world and ours Jon-Tom just wanted to go home.
Born November 18, 1946
1969 - 1971