Party affiliation: Republican
Temple Grandin, industrial designer, science educator. Achievements include patents in field; design of stockyards and humane restraint equipment for major meat packing companies in the United States, Canada and Australia; development of objective scoring system used for monitoring animal welfare in slaughter plants; an Home Box Office movie "Temple Grandin" was made about her life, 2010. The Movie won 7 Emmy awards.
Livestock editor Arizona Farmer Ranchman, Phoenix, 1973-1978. Equipment designer Corral Industries, 1974-1975. Independent consultant Grandin Livestock Systems, Urbana, 1975-1990, Fort Collins, Colorado, since 1990.
Lecturer, professor animal science department Colorado State University, since 1990. Chairman handing committee Livestock Conservation Institute, Madison, Wisconsin, since 1976. Surveyor United States Department of Agriculture.
Achievements include patents in field. Design of stockyards and humane restraint equipment for major meat packing companies in the United States, Canada and Australia. Development of objective scoring system used for monitoring animal welfare in slaughter plants.
An Home Box Office movie "Temple Grandin" was made about her life, 2010. The Movie won 7 Emmy awards.
- Improving Animal Welfare: A Practical Approach
- By taking an entirely practical approach, this textbook aims to help those working with animals to apply methods for improving welfare, bridging the gap between scientific research and practical application.
- Humane Livestock Handling: Understanding livestock behavior and building facilities for healthier animals
- Temple Grandin, North America's most influential advocate of humane livestock treatment, has spent her life developing stress-free facility designs and standards of humane management.
- Animals Make Us Human: Publisher: Mariner Books; Reprint edition
- The author of "Animals in Translation" employs her own experience with autism and her background as an animal scientist to show how to give animals the best and happiest life.
- Animals in Translation: Using the Mysteries of Autism to Decode Animal Behaviour
- Profoundly attracted to animals from childhood, Temple Grandin began early on to make links between the autistic and the animal views of the world.
Fellow: American Society Agricultural & Biological Engineers, American Society Animal Science (Animal Management award 1995, Distinguished Service award We. section 2003). Member: National Cattlemen's Beef Association (Lifetime Achievement award 2010), United States Secretary of Health & Human Services (Highest Recognition award 2007), American Society Agricultural Consultant (board directors 1981-1983), American Registry Professional Animal Sciences, American Meat Institute (supplier member, Industry Advancement award 1995), American Society Agricultural Engineers, Autism Society of America (board directors since 1988, Trammel Crow award 1989, Founders award 2007).
1973 - 1978
1974 - 1975
1975 - 1990
- show more ...