Party affiliation: Democrat
- Postdoctoral fellow department biochemistry Stanford University Medical School, Palo Alto, California, 1966-1968. Assistant professor department biochemistry University Chicago, 1968-1970, assistant professor departments biochemistry, biophysics and theoretical biology, 1970-1974, associate professor, 1974-1977, professor, 1977-1982. Professor department molecular biology University California, Berkeley, 1982-1989, professor, division biochemistry and molecular biology, department molecular and cell biology, 1989—2006, chairman department, 1986-1989, director virus laboratory, 1986-1990.
- Anatomy, Histology, & Cell Biology: PreTest Self-Assessment & Review, Fourth Edition
- PreTest is the closest you can get to seeing the USMLE Step 1 before you take it 500 USMLE-type questions and answers! "This edition of PreTest is full of extremely high-yield information in a presentation that is logical and effective.
- The Cell: A Molecular Approach, Sixth Edition
- Designed for use in shorter introductory cellular biology courses, The Cell presents current comprehensive science in a readable and cohesive text.
1966 - 1968
1970 - 1974
1982 - 1989
- show more ...