- Demonstrator University Keele, England, 1973-1974, University Newcastle upon Tyne, England, 1974-1976. Lecturer University Nottingham, England, 1976-1989, senior lecturer England, 1989-1994. Head cell biology IACR Long Ashton Research Station, University Bristol, England, since 1994, head plant pathology IACU Rothamsted England, since 1999.
- Septoria on Cereals: A Study of Pathosystems
- Foliar diseases of cereals, especially wheat, caused by Septoria and Stagonospora species are now recognized as among the most significant causes of losses in cereal production worldwide.
- Sudden Oak Death and Phytophthora ramorum: A Summary of the Literature
- Sudden oak death and Phytophthora ramorum, both first recognized about a decade ago, have been the subject of hundreds of scientific and popular press articles.
1973 - 1974
1974 - 1976
1976 - 1989