- Researcher Urban Institute, Washington, 1977-1988, director housing research, 1988-1993. Deputy assistant secretary for research United States Department Housing and Urban Development, since 1993.
- HOUSING MARKETS AND RESIDENTIAL MOBILITY (Urban Opportunity Series)
- The ability to move to a new and better neighborhood has always been a defining point of opportunity in America's cities.
- HOUSING MARKET IMPACTS OF RENT CONTROL (Urban Institute Reports)
- Rent control offers the promise of making housing more affordable at virtually no cost to the public sector.