Associate curator modern art Detroit Institute Arts, 1976—1980. Chief curator Museum Contemporary Art, Chicago, 1980—1986, Los Angeles, 1986—1989. Independent curator, since 1989.
Curator Spoleto Festival United States of America, Charleston, South Carolina, since 1991. Professor, chair of sculpture School Art Institute Chicago, since 1999, executive director exhibitions, since 2008. Adjunct faculty Graduate Center Curatorial Studies, Bard College, Annandale-on-Hudson, New York.
Progressive director Sculpture Chicago. Consultant Ferguson Fund, Art Institute Chicago, Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority. Artist's liaison Office of Surface Mining/United States Department Interior, National Endowment Arts.
Consulting curator Fabric Workshop and Museum, Philadelphia, 1994—1998.
- A Forest Of Signs: Art in the Crisis of Representation
- A Forest of Signs documents a major exhibition of critical art in the last decade, one that marks a change in the art world, perhaps even in the broader culture.
- Buddha Mind in Contemporary Art (Hardback) - Common
- "Eminently readable and extremely meaningful.
- Gordon Matta-Clark A Retrospective
- Museum of Contemporary Art, 1985.
Born January 5, 1952
1976 - 1980
1980 - 1986
1986 - 1989
- show more ...