Party affiliation: Democrat
Teacher Secondary School, Port Talbot, Wales, 1925-1945. Feature producer British Broadcasting Corporation, Cardiff, Wales, 1945-1948, chief instructor London, 1948-1952. Free lance Theatre, 1952-1954.
Principal American Musical and Dramatic Academy, New York, 1960-1974. Honorary adviser, Society of Stage Directors, and Choreograhers, New York, since 1970.
- The Sole Voice: Character Portraits from Shakespeare
- During his years as President and Director of the American Musical and Dramatic Academy Philip Burton taught many of our leading stars how to act Shakespearean roles.
- The green isle
- When a Welsh shepherd and the daughter of a Norman lord fall in love, they find that there is nowhere for them to go except a seemingly magic island.
- Richard & Philip: The Burtons
- A unique book from a man who had perhaps more insight into Richard Burton aside from his wives—Philip Burton.
- From Trails to Rails - Land Travel in Early Door County
- From carriages to trains to automobiles: Door County, Wisconsin.
1925 - 1945
1945 - 1948
1952 - 1954
1960 - 1974