- Professor of English Boston University, 1947-1965, professor emeritus, from 1965. Editor Boston University Studies in English, 1954-1957. Lowell lecturer, 1958.
- Seven Masters of Supernatural Fiction: (Contributions to the Study of Science Fiction and Fantasy)
- An unusual grouping of mainly British writers, this insightful study includes some, like Henry James, who are indisputably leaders of the canon regardless of genre, and others, like Algernon Blackwood, who wrote almost exclusively in the supernatural; all, however, were clearly masters of this genre.
- A pictorial history of New England
- ©1976, green & turquois partial cloth hardcover with black lettering on the spine, with Dustjacket, 342 pages with Index, over 600 illustrations, drawings, woodcuts, sculptures, & photographs, measures about 11 1/8 inches X 8 5/8 inches.
- Seven Worlds of Theodore Roosevelt
- The Seven Worlds of Theodore Roosevelt is a new edition of a classic biography of America's 26th president, originally commissioned in 1958 by the Theodore Roosevelt Association to commemorate the 100th anniversary of his birth.
- The Tales of Henry James (Literature and Life)
- ""The Author on His Craft" is introduced by editorial commentary and includes James's important critical essay "The Art of Fiction," an early statement of the principles and methods he maintained throughout his career.
Born March 28, 1900