Assistant professor, then associate professor Harvard Medical School, Boston, 1968-1976. Professor University California, San Francisco, 1976-1994. Director National Institute Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, Maryland, 1994-1997.
Associate dean for research University California, San Francisco, 1997-1998, vice chancellor research, 1998-2000, executive vice chancellor, 2000—2001. President, Chief Executive Officer EnVivo Pharmaceuticals, Inc., 2001—2002. Senior associate dean for research Keck School Medicine, University Southern California, 2002—2005.
President California Institute Regenerative Medicine, 2005—2007. Medical Advisory Board, Chevy Chase, Maryland, 1995-1999, Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Alexander Forbes lecturer Grass Foundation, 1994.
David Nachmanson lecturer Weizmann Institute, Rehovath, Israel, 1996. Advisory council Rikagaku Kenkyūsho Institute, Tokyo, since 2001.
- Introduction to Molecular Neurobiology
- An introduction to Molecular Neurobiology, is a textbook of contemporary cellular and molecular neurobiology written for advanced undergraduates, graduate students, and practising neurobiologists.
- Genetic Neurobiology (Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience)
- The neurogenetic approach to understanding the development, structure, and functioning of excitable cells and systems is a relatively new one.
- Genetic Neurobiology (Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience) by Hall Jefrey C. Greenspan Ralph J. Harris William A. (1982-02-17) Hardcover