Susan Ann R. McKay, American nursing educator. Registered Nurse; licensed psychologist; certified childbirth educator. Recipient National Research Service award United States Public Health Service, 1977-1978, Alumni Citation award DePauw University, 1987, Sigma Theta Tau Leadership award, 1989; Will Keith Kellogg Foundation fellow, 1983-1986; grantee March of Dimes, Woman of Achievement Wyoming Commission for Women, 1991.
Staff nurse in pediatrics Middletown (Ohio) Hospital, 1964 summer. Instructor nursing Mercy Hospital School Nursing, Denver, 1965-1966. Instructor, assistant professor University Wyoming, Laramie, 1966-1975, staff counselor, 1977-1978.
Private practice psychology, since 1979. Associate professor nursing University Wyoming, 1986, assistant to dean College Health Sciences, 1986-1987, professor nursing, since 1990, professor women's studies, since 1993. Consultant The Cybele Society, Spokane, Washington, 1986-1987, In Situ Inc., Laramie, 1982-1983, Johnson and Johnson Baby Products, Skillman, New Jersey, 1982, International Childbirth Education Association, Minneapolis, 1982-1994.
Member advisory committee March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation, 1985, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland, 1986-1992.
- Family-Centered Maternity and Newborn Care: A Basic Text
- FAMILY-CENTERED MATERNITY AND NEWBORN CARE provides a straightforward presentation of basic maternity nursing content combined with numerous self-assessment activities and clinical applications.
- Family-Centered Maternity Care
- This exciting new book provides everything nurses, physicians, and educators need to develop a Family-Centered Maternity program in their practice or facility.
- Family Centered Maternity Care: Implementation Strategies
- Strategies for care that focus on the physical, social, and psychological needs of the total family unit.
Coordinator Bridges for Peace, Laramie, 1986-1987. Member American Psychological Association (division 48 executive committee 1992-1994, president division peace psychology 1994-1995), International Childbirth Education Association (vice president 1978-1982, consultant since 1982), Psychologists for Social Responsibility (secretary 1992-1994), International Federation University Women Peace Fellowship.