Member Faculty Teachers College, 1926-1927, Stanford University, 1932-1936, assistant director engineering, science and management war training, 1943-1944. Member faculty University Hawaii, 1944-1969, senior professor English, 1961-1969, professor emeritus, since 1969, chairman department, 1948-1953. Proprietor White Knight Press, Honolulu, 1946-1990.
Chairman public committee 10th Pacific Science Congress, 1961. Fulbright senior research fellow, Australia, 1955. Smith-Mundt visiting professor American studies University Barcelona, Spain, 1957-1958.
Fulbright visiting professor American studies University Madrid, 1961-1962.
- The Sky Clears : Poetry of the American Indians
- From the totem-pole makers of the Northwest to the hunters of the eastern woodlands, from the horse nations of the plains to the desert dwellers of the Southwest and the Mayas and Aztecs of ancient Mexico--from some forty tribal groups--A.
- Spell of Hawaii
- The Spell of Hawaii is a literary collection composed of twenty-two authors whose selections herein evoke the exotic literary heritage of the Hawaiian Islands in the companion volume to the anthology, A Hawaiian Reader.
- Horror in Paradise: Grim and Uncanny Tales from Hawaii and the South Seas
- Thirty four writers narrate true episodes of sorcery and the supernatural, as well as gory events on sea and atoll.
- Best South Sea Stories
- Fifteen writers capture all the romance and exotic adventure of the legendary South Pacific, including James A.
Born April 29, 1904
1926 - 1927
1932 - 1936
1946 - 1990
- show more ...