Board directors Atlantic Center for the Arts, National Book Critics Circle, 1980-1991, Literature Landmarks, 1987-1989. Literature Lion New York Public Library., 1988. Member Poets, Playwrights, Editors, Essayists and Novelists association/Faulkner (board directors 1984-1989, executive board 1985-1991), Phi Beta Kappa (senator 1988-1994).
Title writer Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, New York City, 1940-1941. Associate editor Architectural Forum, Time, Inc., 1941-1943. Professor English College St. Rose, Albany, New York, 1952-1972.
Visiting professor Empire State College, State University New York, Saratoga Springs, 1972-1973. Contributing editor The New Republic, Washington, 1971-1973, literary editor, 1973-1975. Professor American literature American University, Washington, 1975-1985.
Adjunct professor English University Maryland, 1974-1975. Visiting professor Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1980, 83, 85, 86, Johns Hopkins University (writing seminars), 1983, 85, 86. Writer-in-residence State University of New York Writers Institute, Albany.
- The Pleasure of Their Company
- Using the occasion of her eightieth-birthday party to reflect on the past, Doris Grumbach delivers an enchanting memoir of the writers, friends, and loves who have accompanied her in mind and body through an extraordinary life of letters.
- Extra Innings: A Memoir
- As in Doris Grumbach's widely praised day book, Coming into the End Zone, Extra Innings offers an immense, sometimes funny, sometimes tart, and sometimes very moving account of a closely examined life.
- Coming into the End Zone: A Memoir
- Started on the eve of the author's seventieth birthday, this year-long journal records the process of slowly slipping into old age, including coming to terms with losses and with powerful memories.
- The Missing Person
- The Missing Person is a tellingly achieved fusion of thought and action and the most fully realized evocation of Hollywood themes in a long, long time.
Born July 12, 1918
1940 - 1941
1941 - 1943
1952 - 1972
1971 - 1973
1972 - 1973
1973 - 1975
1975 - 1985
- show more ...