Denomination: Roman Catholic
William Edmund Barrett, American author. Recipient citation Regis College, 1956, Accomplishment in Communication of Arts award Manhattan College, 1972. Fellow International Institute Arts and Letters; member P.E.W., Authors League American, The Players Club, National Press Club, Denver Press Club, Denver Athletic Club, Colorado Authors League (president 1943-1944).
- Consultant in aerospace Denver Public Library, 1941-1986. Civilian lecturer for Army Air Forces, 1942.
- The Shape of Illusion
- The inspiring story of a skeptical young artist and the miracle that brought him to a village in Germany to try and find all he could about the history of the canvas painting of Christ surrounded by a mocking crowd after Pontius Pilate had sentenced him to death.
- The First War Planes (A Fawcett how-to book)
- Includes famous World War I Aces, early aerial combat, scouting planes, the first fighters, Baron von Richthofen, World War I bombers, the flying circus, Lafayette Escadrille, bloody April, American Squadrons, and much more.
- The Time Traveler's Fool: A Psychological Mystery of Literary Survival
- In a dialogue over six days between a psychiatrist and a man claiming to be a time traveler you decide if he is a lunatic, a time traveler, a murderer, a victim, all of the above or none.
- The Left Hand Of God
- "In a remote region of China Jim Carmody seized the opportunity to escape from Mieh Yang, the bandit war lord he served as lieutenant, by masquerading as a Catholic priest.