Associate firm Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton, New York City, 1958—1961, partner, 1969—1989. Distinguished professor law University San Diego, 1989—2009, university professor, 1998—1999, distinguished professor law emeritus, since 2010. Member faculty Law School Columbia University, 1961-1989, professor, 1964-1969, adjunct professor, 1969-1989.
Lecturer Columbia-Amsterdam-Leyden (Netherlands) summer program American law, 1963, 79. Deputy assistant attorney general tax division United States Department Justice, 1966-1968. Consultant fiscal and finance branch United Nations Secretariat, 1962, 64.
With United States Naval Reserve, 1954-1956.
- Cases and Materials on Taxation of Business Enterprises (American Casebook Series)
- This law school casebook adopts the classic casebook approach to the study of C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, and limited-liability companies, while incorporating an expanded number of problem sets.
- International Business Law and Its Environment, Eighth Edition (South-Western Legal Studies in Business Academic Series)
- International Business and Its Environment delivers comprehensive coverage of the legal, cultural, political, economic, and ethical issues global business managers face.
- Federal Income Taxation of Business Enterprises: Cases, Statutes, Rulings, 4th. Edition 2012
- This fourth edition covers the basics of the federal income taxation of partnerships and corporations including the taxation of LLCs, LLPs and S corporations.
- Federal Income Taxation of Business Enterprises: Cases, Statutes, Rulings, 3rd. Edition 2010
- This third edition covers the basics of the federal income taxation of partnerships and corporations including the taxation of LLCs, LLPs and S corporations.