Law clerk United States District Court (southern district), New York City, 1971-1972. Professor New York University Law School, 1973-1974. Attorney Center for Constitutional Rights, 1978-1985, legal director, 1985-1990, president, since 2002.
Adjunct professor Yale Law School, New Haven, 1990—1995, lecturer, 2000. Special counsel for human rights Government of Haiti, 1996. Lecturer Columbia Law School, New York City, since 1999.
- The Trial of Donald Rumsfeld: A Prosecution by Book
- The Case Against Donald Rumsfeld lays out the evidence that high–level officials of the Bush administration ordered, authorized, implemented, and permitted war crimes, in particular the crimes of torture and cruel, inhuman, and degrading treatment.
- Guantanamo: What the World Should Know
- In the months following its initial release, Guantánamo: What the World Should Know has proved to be a disturbingly accurate account of the Bush administration's tangle with civil liberties and torture.
- Hell No: Your Right to Dissent in 21st-Century America
- In the Age of Terrorism, the United States has become a much more dangerous placefor activists and dissenters, whose First Amendment rights are all too frequently abridged by the government.