Instructor public schools, New York, 1970—1971, 1973—1984. Principal tubaist San Antonio Symphony, San Antonio, 1971—1973. Musician, business manager Kapelye Klezmer Band, New York City, since 1981.
Sole practice, 1982—1987. Partner Smith Carroad Levy and Victor, 1987—1989. Head litigation collection division Finkelstein, Borah, Schwartz, Altschuler & Goldstein, 1990.
Private practice Eric M. Berman, Professional Corporation, since 1991. Director, counsel Nassau Symphony Orchestra, Garden City, New York, 1982—1995, New Classical Consort, New York City, 1983—1986, Melville (New York ) Brass Ensemble, 1983—1984. Impartial hearing officer New York State Department Education, 1996—1999.
Speaker in field.
- Address before the graduating class of the Columbia College Law School: at the Academy of Music, New York, May 17th 1882
- This book was digitized and reprinted from the collections of the University of California Libraries.
- Pulse of the People: Political Rap Music and Black Politics (American Governance: Politics, Policy, and Public Law)
- Hip-Hop music encompasses an extraordinarily diverse range of approaches to politics.
- A Celebration of Black Men and Women and Their Contribution to British Society: A Black History Resource - Arts, Literature, Journalists, Music, ... Both in History and in Contemporary Times
- Contributor: Music Sound Output, 1983-1988, Music and the Law, 1983-1984. Musician: (recordings) Levine and His Flying Machine, 1985, Kapelye's Chicken, 1987, Kapelye's On the Air, 1995, Kapelye's Meyer Derekh - New Directions. Author: Why Changes Must Be Made to the Standards of Review Used to Determine Meaningful Attorney Involvement Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 2003.
Member of American Bar Association, American Collectors Association (member attorney program), Debt Buyers Association, New York State School Music Association, Association of Bar of City of New York, American Arbitration Association (panelist since 1987), New York State Bar Association (executive committee, entertainment arts and sports law section, editor of section publications, commercial and federal litigation section, committee on commercial litigation), Commercial Law League American, National Association Retail Collection Attorneys (vice president, director since 2003).