Party affiliation: Conservative Party
Law clerk to Honorary Alex Kozinski United States Court Appeals (9th circuit), Pasadena, California, 1992—1993. Law clerk to Justice Sandra Day O'Connor United States Supreme Court, Washington, 1993—1994. Faculty member University of California at Los Angeles School Law, 1994—1999, professor law, since 1999, Gary T. Schwartz professor law.
Academic affiliate Mayer Brown LLP.
- The First Amendment and Related Statutes, Problems, Cases and Policy Argument (University Casebook Series)
- This popular casebook examines the First Amendment using expertly-edited cases, summaries of the law, analysis of the structure of policy arguments, and problems for class discussion.
- Academic Legal Writing: Law Review Articles,Student Notes, Seminar Papers, andGetting on Law Review (University Casebook )
- Designed to help law students write and publish articles, this text provides detailed instructions for every aspect of the law school writing, research, and publication process.
- Volokh's The First Amendment and Related Statutes: Problems, Cases and Policy Arguments, 4th (University Casebook Series) (English and English Edition)
- The Fourth Edition casebook examines United States First Amendment law using expertly edited cases, original note materials, and class questions.
- The First Amendment and Related Statutes: Problems, Cases and Policy Arguments, 3d, 2010 Supplement (University Casebooks)
- This is the 2010 supplement to the casebook Volokh's The First Amendment and Related Statutes: Problems, Cases and Policy Arguments, 3d.