Party affiliation: Republican
David Ellmore Blair
Blair, David Ellmore was born on August 16, 1874 in Salina, Kansas, United States. Son of Edgar W. and Emma A. (McClure) Blair.
- Bachelor of Arts, Kansas Wesleyan University, Salina, Kansas, 1896. Bachelor of Laws, University of Kansas, 1899.
Mistress Mabel Emma Gans and Eleanor (Mistress E. J. O’Keefe). Began practice at Joplin, Missouri, 1899. Member law firm Blair and Blair, 1906-1908, Blair and Decker, 1900-1903, Blair, Decker & Blair, 1903-1906.
Assistant prosecuting attorney, Jasper County, Missouri, 1903-1904. Judge Circuit Court, 25th Judicial Circuit, 1908-1917. Member Public Service Committee of Missouri, 1917-1920.
The American Association For Justice, Supreme Court of Missouri, 1921-1930, chief justice, 1925-1926. In practice of law, St. Louis, 1931-1934, returned to Joplin, 1934. Elected presiding judge Springfield Court of Appeals, November 1940, to fill unexpired term ending December 31, 1944 (only Missourian elected to all three benches).
Re-elected to Springfield Court of Appeals November 1944 for 12 year term, retired, September 1, 1954.
Member of Blue Lodge. Scottish Rite; 32° Masons. Missouri, American, Bar Associations.
- Married Mary Eleanor Henley, May 1, 1902. Children: Herbert Henley.
father: Edgar W. Blair
mother: Emma A. (McClure) Blair
spouse: Mary Eleanor Henley
child: Herbert Henley Blair
|Анна Коршун||last changed||30/07/2017||view changes|
- First Name
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- Middle Name
- State Supreme Court
Herbert Henley Blair
Emma A. (McClure) Blair
Mary Eleanor Henley
Edgar W. Blair
- Herbert Henley Blair
- Religious beliefs
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- College/University Description
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Other interests
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
up Edit Profile