Party affiliation: Democrat
Bar, 1914; general practice state and federal courts, 1915-1927. Member of law partnership, Chapman, Peery and Buchanan, Tazewell, Virginia, judge 22d judicial circuit of Virginia, 1927-1946. Justice Supreme Court Appeals of Virginia, 1946-1969.
Mayor, Tazewell, Virginia, 1917-1921. Commissioner of accounts, Tazewell County, 1919-1927. Member Judicial Council Virginia, 1928-1932.
Chairman of Commission of judges to fix salaries of trial justices of Virginia and their clerks, 1942-1946. Committee of Judiciary of Virginia State Bar, 1941-1946.
Clubs: Tazewell County Country, Rotary, Commonwealth.
|last changed||06/06/2017||view changes|
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- Middle Name
Sara Buchanan (Mistress Herbert Silvers) (deceased)
Archibald C. Buchanan
Nannie E. (Chapman) Buchanan
A. Beauregard Buchanan
- Sara Buchanan (Mistress Herbert Silvers) (deceased)
- Religious beliefs
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- College/University Description
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Other interests
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
up Edit Profile